Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Feb. Issue covers Vala and Visual Basic


Because February is the shortest month in the year and because it is also the month in which I celebrate my birthday we will offer two languages this month. (An old family tradidion with the Ratliff's was to have the period from Jan 31 to Feb 6 as birthday week. My Mom's birthday was Jan. 31, my step-brother's birthday was Feb. 2, my birthday is Feb. 4, and my son-in-law's birthday is Feb. 6.)

The month is also known for St. Valentine's Day and suitably our language selections begin with the letter V. Vala is a relatively new language designed for the Gnome desktop of a Linux system. Visual Basic is a language freely availavble (or at least a limited version of it from Microsoft.)

The following link will take you to the article devoted to these languages:
http://www.pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201102/page20.html

No comments:

Post a Comment