Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The September issue features XML

This is interesting none of my linux hard drives are now functional. The image was captured within a live session of the Full Monty KDE4 distro. I have found a replacement and will soon be purchasing a replacement drive. So I will be back to doing as I wrote in my very first article to appear in the Magazine. That was the Dec. 2007 which showed how to setup a multi-booting multi disk system.

Not only that but Windows failed to boot so I wound up using the recovery partition to restore my XP system. This did an analysis and reported that the 320 gig and the 60 gig drive failed due to an error 18 cache. Now the recovery yielded wound up with a system with no internet access.

At that time I could still boot into Knoppix 6.5 and from here I was able to download a windows version of Firefox. This was burned to a cd and then it was installed after booting into Windows. So I have a system which is free from Internet Explorer. What had been 87 gigs now has only 20 gigs so there is much free space. Almost all the languages downloaded to windows for exploring while writing this series are gone.

Now the coverage of the material on XML is found at the following link:
http://www.pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201109/page17.html

No comments:

Post a Comment